Today, share how to clean the ceiling.
Tools: soapy water, brush
Method / step
1. Wash the wooden ceiling with water. When cleaning, use a damp cloth diluted with soapy water to wipe it off. Do not wipe it with force to avoid hurting the surface. Ceilings that cannot be washed with water: including painted ceilings, wallpaper ceilings. This type of ceiling can be cleaned with a long handle broom.
2. If the ceiling is made of white wood, you can’t use chemicals and rags, you can use a long handle broom to clean.
3. Regarding the cleaning of the kitchen ceiling: Since the oil stain penetrates into the ceiling, there is no particularly good way to clean it. Can only be scraped and repainted.
4. Even if the surrounding walls are tiled for easy cleaning, the ceiling should be kept lime or latex paint.
5. If the ceiling is often moldy, you can use the washing powder once, half dry and then brush with a thick brown hair brush; or buy soda, use two tablespoons to adjust the half pot of hot water, wear gloves and scrub with a soft cloth. Walls, ceilings, etc. where moldy spots appear, and then washed with water. Of course, the quicker way is to repaint the wall.
6. Acoustic ceiling: This rough sound absorbing coating is often used in new buildings and old house renovations. Although jet-type sound absorbing coatings are cheaper and can be applied quickly, they cannot be cleaned. If the ceiling is dirty, the best way to do this is to remove them with the vacuum cleaner’s brush fittings and re-spray.
7. Clean ceiling tiles: Vinyl coated ceiling tiles can be cleaned with a universal detergent. Non-washable tiles can also be spot-cleaned with special products sold in hardware stores. If you need to clean it all, you can repaint the tiles without having to apply a specific area.
8. Cleaning plaster ceilings and flat, coated gypsum ceilings, decorative plaster ceilings cannot be cleaned because the surface is uncoated and the texture is deep. If the plaster ceiling is dirty, the best way to do this is to use a vacuum cleaner’s brush attachment to carefully clean it.
1. Regardless of the ceiling, when it is stained, do not rub it hard to avoid damage to the ceiling. It is best to mix it with a small glass of alcohol and 1 tsp of detergent, spray it on the dirt of the wall with a sprayer, and then cover it with a hot towel. The dirt can be easily removed.
2. When cleaning the ceiling, do not let the water flow to the wall, and put some anti-drop cloth or newspaper on the furniture and the floor to protect it.
3. Use a sponge mop or a broom to clean the ceiling so you don’t have to use a ladder. You can also use the long handle broom to clean the ceiling.